Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Training for a race


Well, hello to all readers. I have a confession. I am not a vegetarian. Earlier posts would lead you to believe that I may have gone this route, but I never stuck to it. It just wasn't the right time for me. My son was just born, and the extra challenge of changing my diet in such a manner was just that; An extra challenge which I wasn't ready to accept then.
So there it is. I still eat meat, although red meat has been bothering my stomach lately when in burger form. A nice filet mignon is not only very tasty, but hasn't bothered the tummy at all. Only the burgers are doing some damage.
Anyway, enough of that talk. What I really want to talk about is the race I am training for coming up in May. It is the Turtle Crawl Olympic Distance Triathlon on Jekyll Island, Georgia. It has got a fire lit under my butt, so I've started running again. The biking and swimming will start again soon. The excitement of simply knowing I will be signing up for a race is so motivating for myself. If I were to give anyone advice about doing something to make them feel better all around, it would be "sign up for some kind of competitive race". A lot of races you can just walk through; 3 miles or so. And then there are others which are more challenging or course. So wish me luck and I will keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: